Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Show Your Support to Elizabeth Wong, Sign the Petition Online

Nonetheless to say, what happened to Elizabeth Wong was the vicious attack on the integrity of the popular and dedicated state assemblywoman.

Let us show our support to her to continue her position as state assemblywoman, and not to resign and withdraw for what she had done to community.

Sign the petition on line here. or go to the link here : http://www.petitiononline.com/reject/

Read Elizabeth Wong blog here and also Facebook and blog supporting Eli here and here

This is her press conference statement on 17 Feb 2009

"The events of the past two days have shown an insidious and underhanded attempt by certain quarters to smear my reputation. My personal life and privacy have been violated.

These people have conspired to undermine my credibility both as a Selangor State Exco Member as well as a Keadilan leader. Although the smear campaign directed towards me has caused me a lot of anguish, I am aware that the real objective is to discredit Parti Keadilan Rakyat.

I have done nothing wrong.

I wish to state that I am not ashamed of my sexuality as a woman and as a single person. I have broken no law. I stand by the fundamental principle in a democracy that everyone has a right to privacy.

Parti KeADILan Rakyat stands for ‘new’ politics that holds justice and human rights as core values which transcend gender, ethnicity and class. ‘New’ politics also means we rise above gutter politics.

It is precisely this that I believe that these attacks will continue with greater intensity, and I have no doubt that Umno and Barisan Nasional will continue to manipulate the situation. Accordingly, I have decided to make a stand, in the interest of the party and its struggle for the people.

I have received overwhelming support from my family, my constituents, Pakatan Rakyat colleagues, friends and the general public. However, in the interest of my party, I have decided to offer my resignation as a Selangor State Exco Member as well as the State Assemblywoman for Bukit Lanjan.

I will discuss with the Menteri Besar to arrange for the proper handover of my responsibilities. I will continue to serve the people and fight for justice in Malaysia.

Last but not least, I am very grateful to the people who have placed their trust in me and my party, and I thank them for the opportunity that they have given me to serve. Words cannot possibly express my eternal gratitude to outstanding staff members and fellow ADUNs, and most of all, my Menteri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim who has given me his unwavering support and the opportunity to work with him.

If I have let anyone down or offended anyone, I offer my sincere apologies."

ELIZABETH WONG
ADUN BUKIT LANJAN
EXCO for Tourism, Consumer Affairs and the Environment


I just hope that she will change her mind and be strong and firm, she's the victim of the unshameful ex wrongdoing, and it s not her fault at all. Be strong Eli, we are at your back supporting you, you are not alone..

No comments: