Thursday, May 17, 2007

Love Poem 1

My travels to xxx to be with you

I recall
the days when
The stars glide slowly past.
The milky night welcomes me
As I settle into the cavernous beast
Watching a thousand words file past
to bridge the distance between
Our restless hearts
If just for an instant.

Searching for air
Outside,
the darkness seals me in.
Molecules swirl impatiently
As wistful shadows of Malaya look back at me;
smudges of dim lights
on the window pane
race past me helplessly.

My steel-cold compartment
Moves deeper into the land,
Closer to you.
Come sleep
Into the darkness
And let me trace your heartbeat now
Let the soft lines of your skin
Pull me into sleep, sleep, sleep.

Then darkness.
It hastens the rise
of the xxx morning sun
and I rise to search
for your sweet clean face
in the tiny sea of unwashed humanity.

No comments: